The Color of Compromise Study
Begins Tuesday, January 12
Weekly Lunchtime Zoom Meeting: 12 – 1 p.m.
Join us for a weekly lunchtime viewing of The Color of Compromise followed by a discussion. Jemar Tisby examines the American church’s very early decision to be silent and indifferent toward slavery, and actually proactively help develop a caste system. He explains how it was perpetuated through the years and gives us some ideas of what to do about it now!
The Anti-Racism Discussion Group invites you to watch the video with us. Contact Janis Jarvis at firstname.lastname@example.org or Beverly Hixon at email@example.com so you can receive the Zoom invitation that will be arranged by Pastor Hoyte.
Procedures for In-Church Small Group Gatherings at NOUMC
(Small groups means 10 or fewer people, at this time)
The following procedures are to be practiced by small group leaders and participants in an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please follow these procedures in respect for every one’s health and safety.
- All surfaces are to be sanitized prior to the gathering and after; this includes bathrooms, tables and chairs, doorknobs, light switches, door handles, etc. All trash is to be taken to the dumpster at the end of the gathering.
- Screening is to be administered. This includes taking of temperatures, checking for other symptoms, recent travel histories, and contact with someone that has tested positive for COVID-19. This information will be recorded in case contact tracing becomes necessary. A form will be provided for group leaders to complete.
- Hand washing with soap or hand sanitizer is required before and after the meeting.
- Wearing of face coverings is required.
- Physical distancing is to be maintained at all times (a minimum of 6 ft.)
- No food or beverages will be served.
- A gathering must be approved by the church office before it is permitted to take place. Not all rooms of the church will be open.
- An assessment of the gathering will be submitted to the office. A form will be provided for group leaders to complete.
- The organizer is to see that all procedures are followed.
Please note: most church activities and gatherings have been cancelled or postponed due to COVID-19 concerns. Due to the number of events affected, the calendar may not accurately reflect this. If you are uncertain about the status of a gathering, please email the church at firstname.lastname@example.org.