A message from one of our new Stephen Ministers:
Becoming a Stephen Minister was a humble and happy process for me. This church’s Stephen Ministry needs more Stephen Ministers, especially men. Stephen Ministers are assigned care receivers that are of the same gender. Are you a good listener, and do you like people? Try us out. God needs you, we need you, and most of all, your future care receivers need you. God bless you and yours this new year and for all time. Thank you. —Wayne, Class of 2018
What Is Stephen Ministry?
The Stephen Ministry provides congregations with the training, resources, and ongoing support to organize and equip a team of lay caregivers–called Stephen Ministers–in the congregation.
Stephen Ministers provide high-quality, confidential, Christ-centered care and support to people experiencing grief, divorce, cancer, job loss, loneliness, disability, relocation, and other life difficulties.
Who Benefits from Stephen Ministry?
People Who Need Care . . .
- Receive quality, Christ-centered, confidential care for their hurts and needs
- Find hope, healing, and a new sense of self-worth through the support of a Stephen Minister
- Know they are remembered and supported by their congregation in times of personal difficulty
- Receive ongoing care for continuing needs long after the onset of crisis, when many others have forgotten about them
- Grow in a deeper relationship with their Lord as they experience God’s unconditional love for them through their Stephen Minister.
Learn more about Stephen Ministries at www.stephenministries.org