Our trip to the Midwest Mission Distribution Center (MMDC) in March was great! We mended quilts, built school desks, repaired bicycles, packed health kits, school kits, teacher kits, layette kits, and flood buckets and build crates for medical equipment that is on its way to Kenya. We visited with local groups who were there to help and even had a tour of Sisters Mission, another distribution site that specializes in medical equipment. Our afternoon off was spent at the Lincoln Presidential Museum in Springfield. And we ate! Our meals were prepared by the best chefs in the area! Keep collecting all those supplies! We will take them all with us again next year! Contact the office about our next trip. Please consider joining us!
For more information about the Midwest Distribution Center see: http://midwestmissiondc.org
Supplies needed for MMDC
Suggested Shipping Donation-$5.00 * Suggested brands, but not mandatory
– 5 gal. bucket with re-sealable lid
– 1/2 or 3/4 gal. Bleach (Do not include if mailing to MMDC.)
– Liquid Laundry Detergent- 50 oz.
– 12 oz. Liquid Lysol Cleaner Concentrate
– Antibacterial Dish Soap- 16 to 28 oz.
– Air Freshener- 9 oz.
– Insect Repellent (not killer)-6 to 9 oz. (*Off, Cutter)
– 5 Scouring Pads (not steel wool)
– Scrub Brush
– 18 Cleaning Towels (*Easy Wipe, re-usable)
– Sponges- 7 pack, assorted sizes
– 50 Clothes Pins (snap)
– Clothesline (cotton) 3/16″ diameter x 100 ft.
– Dust Masks- 5 pack (disposable) (sealed in a bag)
– Latex Gloves- Package of 2 pair (Premier)
– Work Gloves (Wells Lamont, Canvas Dot) 1 pair
– Trash Bags, 30 gal. or larger- 24-Bag Roll (rolled into 2 sets of 12)
Suggested Shipping Donation-$1.00 Health Kits can be used in many situations! Such as following a disaster, as learning tools in literacy, nutrition, and cooking classes. They are also distributed to people who understand personal hygiene but have limited resources. Please be sure all items are new!
– 1 Hand Towel (not bath, finger-tip or kitchen size)
– 1 Wash Cloth
– 1 Comb (regular size, not pocket size, no rat-tail combs, no barber combs)
– 1 Fingernail Clipper (no files or emery boards)
– 1 Bar of Soap (3 oz. or larger in original wrapper)
– 1 Toothbrush (adult size-in original wrapper) (no multi packs)
– 1 Tube of Toothpaste (4.5 oz. or larger. Check expiration dates-must be a
least one year ahead.)
– 6 Adhesive Bandages
(Band-aids; regular size-no pictures-wrapped in a rubber band.)
School Kit Supplies- especially Spiral Notebooks (70-80 pages)
Blankets (new or in very good condition)
Adult & Children’s chewable multivitamins
Fingernail brushes (for Healthy Birth Kits)
Infant gowns, sleepers, undershirts, and onesies
Cloth baby diapers (for Layette Kits)
School Backpacks (sewing pattern available from MMDC)
School bag fabric (medium to heavy weight such as denim, twill, corduroy, some upholstery fabrics, etc.) NOT 100% synthetic.
Hand towels (not finger-tip size or kitchen)
Washcloths 50 oz. liquid laundry detergent (available at Cub
Foods & dollar stores)
6 oz. Insect Repellant (not killer) (Off, Cutter, etc.)
aprox. 28 oz. antibacterial dish soap
12 oz. Liquid Lysol Cleaner Concentrate (available at Wal-Mart)
9 oz. air freshener Plywood
Lumber- 2 x 4s, 2 x 6s Sergers and Sewing Machines
Farm tractor (heavy duty) with front end loader, running well
Dry small red beans, vegetable oil, rice, charcoal for Haiti & Liberia, Africa
15 passenger Van for Liberia, Africa (in good
Bicycles (tires for off-road use)
Riding Lawn Mower
Laptop Computer & Projector for programs
Camper Shell for Pick-up Truck (full size, cab high)